Thursday, January 23, 2014

Everyone is a person.

Vas Happenin'? I'm hating this polar vortex thing, how about you?

Basically, I've been snowed in the past few days. But, I've been reading one of my favorite books, Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols, which is set in summer, to warm me up. ;) Yesterday, though, I went to the oral surgeon's office. Yes. It's about that time where dentists are concerned about my
wisdom teeth. Ask me how much I want my wisdom teeth out. Uh-huh. My doctor's name, though, (who only works on Wednesdays in that particular office, keep in mind.) is...drum roll...Dr. Fallon. I love Jimmy Fallon. Most people would probably describe my love as an unhealthy obsession. So he came in, gave me this whole long speech on my teeth and the whole time I was telepathically trying to tell him to ask me if I had any questions and comparing his face to Jimmy's. I was honestly trying to pay attention to what he said, but I think I missed a bit towards the end. Of course, when he got done talking, I had to ask him about Jimmy. I think he found it amusing, and told me no, he wasn't related to Jimmy. My mom, however, was like "He just said all that and that's all you have to ask?" The nurse told me that Dr. Fallon's jokes were just as good as Jimmy's. He was really nice, but I'm still dreading having my teeth taken out. All four of them. Firstly, the thought that they're going to make me fall asleep does not sound pleasant. Second, pain. Third, pain medications. I haven't taken any medicine since, like, 2006 or something. Fourth, I'm a little afraid of what I'll say while on the anesthesia. The list actually keeps going, but I'll stop there.

I also went to Smokey Bones to celebrate my cousin's birthday. I had the cheeseburger pizza. It was really, really delicious. And I tried fried pickles for the first time! They were really good as well. And I was wary about them.

I'd like to share this video with you before the end of this post, as well. I love Harry Styles, like, a lot, a lot, a lot, but this applies to more than Harry. It applies to other celebrities and just people in general. Everyone is a daughter or son to someone. They have family and friends. They have likes and dislikes. I know it's such an obvious statement, but everyone is person. I challenge you to put yourself in other people's shoes sometimes and just think about it what all of this means. Think about how you'd feel if you were in the other person's position before you speak or act.


No comments:

Post a Comment