Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sunday's theme: Boldness

What's up, baby? As the beautiful Max Schneider would say.

So, last time I wrote, I told you that my mother was going to be trying out for The Voice. Have you anxiously been awaiting the verdict? I'll tell you now. It was a no.

Sunday, my alarm did not go off because I accidentally set it for 7 PM instead of 7 AM! (Come on, I know I'm not the only one that does that.) My mother woke me up at 7:30 and we ended up being only a few minutes late to my grandparent's house, a big feat for us. We were also a few minutes late to church. 

We went to a church that used to be a movie theater.  It was gutted and changed up now, of course. We got there and were looking for a place to sit, when a nice usher guided us to the very first row in the very middle section. Right in front of the stage. I think they keep the front open so they can shame people in to not coming late. ;) 

Anyways, it was my first time there. The pastor preached on this book that my mom has been reading over and over and constantly talking about. It's called The Circle Maker. And today in particular the pastor mentioned boldness. 

We were going to take the train, but ultimately decided to just drive. The building the auditions were being held in was pretty much right there. We dropped my mom off, left and came back with food, then left her again. She said it took about an hour to even get in the building the line was that long. It snaked along three of the building's walls. And it was a pretty huge building, to let you know.

My grandparents and I walked around Philly and to my pleasant surprise, ended up in China Town looking for a restaurant that they couldn't remember the name or location of. We found it, though. The waiter described one of the teas as "bold". We went to The Gallery where my grandma and I did a little bit of shopping, then went to Macy's (which is grand!), got some smoothies, and then received the news that my mom was done. This took 4 more hours. Five in total, in case you don't remember the math.

My mom said basically, in those 4 hours, she had been shuffled from room to room until finally she was with a group of ten singers. They were brought to a room where they sang in front of a producer, and even though she thought at least three of them should absolutely have been picked, he said he wasn't going to give any of them call backs. 

I'm not gonna lie, I was extremely, extremely, extremely disappointed. Plus I was tired and they just fed into each other. It was not fun at all. I was looking forward to it for weeks and I just thought this is it, you know? I'm always working towards something. I need something to work toward. It was a "no" which I didn't think it would, or should, be. I didn't expect it and we were already thinking about the future it would make for us and we were really excited about it! I didn't know what I would work towards now.

But, I had to pick myself and find something else. That's just how it is. We'll see how it goes. 

I was very proud of my mom, though. I was surprised by how kept together she was. I couldn't believe she waited in line in the cold for an hour! I can't believe she tried out at all!  

One other thing, did you notice the links on the side now? The first link will take you to my book, In the Heart of an Unsocial Butterfly. Then, my Twitter (where you can read the things I was tweeting my mom during her wait to audition, if you're interested), and a bunch of links to writing websites that I use regularly. I'll shamelessly tell you it's mostly fan fiction on those websites. In case the blog doesn't indicate it, I'm more experienced at writing than most of the fan fic writers out there.

Thanks for taking time to read this, Love. I'm not sure if I'll get around to writing tomorrow, because I do have a plan. I'm sure I'll tell you about it in the next day or two. 

Stay bold and always pick yourself back up! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment