Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Trip to India Part 2

So, today is not tomorrow...Sorry about that, in case you were waiting anxiously for more about my trip.

Before I tell you more about my trip, though, I'd like to inform you that I was published in J14 Magazine! Ellie and I found my magazine in JFK airport which was so cool. Made me quite happy.

Alsoly, my book In the Heart of an Unsocial Butterfly, is now available on Kindle.

Anyway, I left off at the hotel. It wasn't really a hotel, per say. Really, it was someone's house. People rented the top floor and the owners shared their actual house with us. Ellie, Melanie, and I got this adorable room with three beds, a bathroom, and three futons...I think that's what they're called anyway. I fell asleep sometime around five in the afternoon and was awake on and off until around 7:30, just a minute or two before my grandma came to wake us up because the people of the house had made us tea.

We sleepily stumbled to my grandparents' room down the hall and sat at their little coffee table and had some really yummy tea. The food in India is quite delicious. The people of the house also brought us a bucket of hot water. For bathing.

I used my grandparent's bathroom the first morning. Thankfully the bathrooms at the place we were staying actually had toilets. We had to fill up a bucket it and dump the water in the toilet to flush it, but it could have been worse.

The bathrooms in India are called washrooms. I'm not sure if you know this, but in India there's not a whole lot of toilet paper. We'd brought our own. The bathrooms have drains in the floor, to clean (at least what I did) you have a bucket of steaming hot water, a smaller bucket with a handle kind of in the fashion of a mug, and you have two faucets on the wall. You fill the small bucket with part hot water and part colder water and that is how you rinse yourself. You just rinse and the water just goes all over the bathroom floor and eventually it goes down the drain.

The people of the house gave us a choice of hard boiled eggs or omelets. I chose hard boiled and my family ate while I was getting ready so I was also brought toast. I had time to eat about half of it before Sarah showed.

And I'll stop myself now. Tell you more soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment