Saturday, April 12, 2014

Part 1 of My Trip to India

Hallo!

It's been forever again. This time I have a really good excuse. I just got back from India on...Thursday. The days have been so confusing, and they have been flying. And I'm here to tell you about them.

So, on the 31st, I packed into a car with my grandparents, Youtuber Ellie St. Claire, and a family friend named Melanie and headed to New York. We spent the night in a hotel in Queens, where I probably got about five hours of sleep, and the next day headed off to the airport. It was my first time on a plane and I was a bit nervous for the take off, but once we were in the air I was like, "Is that it?" I got maybe five minutes of sleep on my 13 hour flight and was quite restless. I did get to watch This Is Us, the One Direction movie, though, and I got my grandma to watch it so that was great.

After the 13 hour flight, we landed in Dubai, then got on a shuttle, then another two hour flight to New Delhi. I got about 20 minutes of sleep on that flight. It was somewhere around three or four in the afternoon when we got there I think. Our amazing friend Sarah picked us up from the airport and on the way to the place we were staying, I came across my first Indian beggar. It scared the dickens out of me. A woman holding her baby came up to the car and was tapping on the window and it just freaked me out. I was running on basically no sleep, and I was so far away from home, missing my family already. I had a little panicky moment when we got back to the hotel. We stayed there for the night, sleeping on and off until around 7:30 in the morning. And I think I'll tell you more tomorrow. Stay tuned. ;) If you like, there's a neat little button in the top right corner of my blog where you can put in your email address and be notified when I post a blog entry. It's up to you. Byyyeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment